Your baby will be born in a few months, so now is time to start thinking of baby room ideas. Read our creative baby room ideas and tips for planning a nursery
Baby Room Safety Tips
Choosing themes and colors for your nursery design is wonderful, but your baby’s safety should always come first:
- Crib: Make sure that there is a gap of at least 2 ½ inches between the crib slats and that the crib has no major cutout designs, so that your baby’s head won’t get stuck.
- Windows: Keep the playpen, crib or any other low pieces of furniture away from the window to make sure that any option of climbing to the window is out of the question.
- Outlets: Cover electrical outlets with plug protectors.
- Changing-table supplies: Store any supplies such as lotion, baby powder, etc. out of baby’s reach.
- Don’t overdo it: While lots of blankets, stuffed animals, and pillows may certainly add to a nursery’s vibe, they also present a hazard, so make sure you follow regulations and recommendations when placing them in the nursery.
Baby room ideas
Planning a nursery doesn’t have to be complicated or pricey. Just take a look at some of the baby room ideas below.
Baby Girl Nursery Ideas
- Animals– Paint the room in pink colors with black cutouts of animals such as cats or horses, and scatter some stuffed animals throughout the room.
- Nature– Paint the room mint green with pastel colored floral, bedding, and curtains.
- Hollywood Glamour – Combine a white and gold color palette and decorate with all white furniture, walls, and bedding. Hang black and white photographs and add little golden touches of paint in stripes or star designs to the walls.
Baby Boy Nursery Ideas
- Sky– Add some fun to your stereotypical blue. Paint the wall blue with clouds; add glow-in-the dark stars, and fluffy white bedding.
- Country– Use a color palette of green, blue, and brown. Decorate with plaid curtains and plaid bedding.
- Sailor– Paint the room in sandy or off-white colors. Add wooden furniture, painted or toy boats, and a boat helm on the wall for decoration.
Unisex Nursery Design Ideas
- Summer – Use light colors in the room including yellow, orange, and pastel colors for the walls, furniture, and bedding. For special effect, you can add a mural of a beach.
- Nursery rhyme – Pick a nursery rhyme such as The Cat and the Fiddle or Humpty Dumpty and paint images of the rhyme or the actual words themselves in different parts of the room.
- Moroccan – Use strong blues, reds and oranges as your color scheme. Decorate with mosaics, little mirrors, and sun and star shapes.