Useful tips for preparing a baby shower food menu! Apart from presents and socializing, one of the most important aspects of the baby shower is, of course, the food. Normally, baby shower food will include small but delicious treats, snacks, and deserts.
The Expecting Mother’s diet
The menu at a baby shower should suit the mother’s diet. If the mother cannot or would not eat certain foods, then it is better not to include them on the menu. Consult with the mother before you make any decisions about the baby shower food.
Getting the food
Deciding where you will get the food may very much depend on the number of guests you expect to arrive, the food preferences of the guests and mother, the amount of energy you have, and the cost.
- Make it yourself – Making all the food yourself may not necessarily be the cheapest option, but if you have a passion for cooking and can get a few helping hands to pitch in, making the baby shower food can be a fun and rewarding experience.
- Potluck – Ask your guests to contribute to the event by each bringing a small dish, a drink, or some dessert. A potluck is usually one of the most cost-effective ways to get food on the table for such an event, and leaves you with an interesting combination of foods chosen by different guests.
- Catering – Catering can provide you with a very professional standard of food. You can cater just part of the food (such as dessert) or all of it. This may possibly be the priciest option.
Baby Shower Food Theme
Presentation of food
Food in a baby shower is most often set out in a buffet style. This way, the food can be displayed to the guests in all its glory. Everyone’s appetite will immediately be stimulated by the sight and smell of the food. The food at a baby shower should not only taste good, it should also look good. Make sure the food is decorative and appealing.
- Finger foods – No party is complete without amazing finger foods. They are simple, cheap, delicious, and always leave a taste for more. Finger foods can contain anything: vegetables, fruit, nuts, cheese or meat. If you want to make them on your own, there is an endless amount of recipes for finger foods; all it takes is a quick Google search or a little creativity. One of the most popular types of finger foods is tea sandwiches. These can be made the old fashioned way or with a modern twist.
- Drinks – The baby shower is also the perfect opportunity to experiment with some unique and tasty fruit punches, smoothies and juices. It is recommended to take the soda and alcohol out of the menu – keep it delicious and healthy!