Some parents like unique baby names to set their child apart from the rest. Or perhaps parents prefer to opt for an uncommon name that invokes a deeper meaning. Whatever your reasons are for choosing a baby name, just make sure you’re certain as it’s going to stick! Let’s take a look at some of the funniest baby names by year as well as some of the notable unique names that celebrities have bestowed upon their offspring.
The funniest baby names by year
In 2013, a boy was names ‘Cheese’.
In 2012, a girl was named ‘Google’.
In 2011, a girl was named ‘Tomorrow’.
In 2010, a boy was named ‘Doctor’.
In 2009, a girl was named ‘Scout’.
Funniest celebrity baby names
When it comes to celebrities naming their offspring, there are some crazy names to contend with! Here is a list of some of the funniest baby names that celebrities have chosen.
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats called their daughter ‘Egypt’.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt named their sons ‘Maddox’, ‘Pax’ and, ‘Knox’ and their daughters ‘Zahara’, ‘Shiloh’, and ‘Vivienne’.
- Barbara Hershey and David Carradine called their son ‘Free’.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z called their daughter ‘Blue Ivy’.
- Bruce Willis and Demi Moore have called their daughters ‘Rumah’, ‘Scout’, and ‘Tallulah’.
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman called their son ‘Max Liron’.
- Emma Thomson and Greg Wise called their daughter Gaia.
- Erykah Badu and Andre Benjamin called their son ‘Seven Sirius’
- Frank and Gail Zappa called their sons ‘Dweezil’, ‘Ahmet’, and their daughters ‘Moon’ and ‘Diva’.
- Gwen Stefani and Gaviv Rossdale called their sons ‘Kingston’ and ‘Zuma’.
- David and Victoria Beckham called their sons ‘Brooklyn’, ‘Romeo’, and ‘Cruz’ and their daughter ‘Harper Seven’.
- Gwenyth Paltrow and Chris Martin named their daughter ‘Apple’ and their son ‘Moses’.
- Jamie and Jools Oliver called their son ‘Buddy Bear’.
- Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll called their son ‘Bear Blaze’.
- Kim Kardashian and Kayne West called their daughter ‘North West’.
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden named their son ‘Sparrow’.
- Pink and Carey Hart called their daughter ‘Willow Sage’.
- Sylvester Stallone and Sasha Czach called their daughter ‘Sage Moonblood’ and their son ‘Seargeoh’.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes called their daughter ‘Suri’.
The good news is that funny and uncommon names are becoming more and more common. So if you decide to go with something unique, you can rest assured that your decision for doing so will be respected. Good luck!