Some women know what they want to call their baby long before becoming pregnant. Others, have no idea what their baby’s name should be. Here are some tips to help you in the process of choosing top baby names for your baby.
Popular baby girl names
Popular baby names vary depending on your geographical location. While English names are fairly uniform across the Western world, there are some perceptible differences depending on the country. In 2013 Olivia was the most popular name reaching the top five in the UK, US and Australia. Sophia was another popular name across the Western world, making it to the top ten in all three lists. Amelia, Isabelle and Sophie were also widely used.
Popular baby boy names
Some useful tips and ideas to help you choose your baby’s name
- Does the name feel right? When you hear the name ask yourself how is feels.
- What is the meaning of name? Most names have meanings. A quick search on the internet should be able to find out the meaning of the name that interests you.
- Does the meaning resonate with you?
- How do you like the initials? Write out baby’s full name and initials and see how it looks in writing.
- Does it sound good with a middle name? Again, write this out too.
- How does your partner feel about the name? Make sure to include your partner in any decisions.
- What about friends and family? Getting feedback and additional opinions can help to make your decision.
- What nicknames are possible? Check if any less desirable nicknames can be formed.
When choosing the right name for your baby, just remember your intuition knows better than anyone else. You just need to trust it!